The extremely difficult 10 minute workout
Get ripped in 10 minutes! Or at least get an incredible warm-up for your normal workout. This is great for increasing your endurance and conditioning using body weight exercises. Take this one slow on the first few times attempting it, it can sometimes hit you a minute or so after the workout is completed. If you start to feel dizzy or nauseous stop right away. Just like when trying any new workout program, be safe!
Here it goes:
Set your clock to 10 minute timer
Burpees x 1 Minute Max Repetitions
Shoot for 16 reps, which is roughly 4 reps for every 15 seconds
Pullups x 1 Minute Max Repetitions
use proper form, and when you can’t keep going just hang from the bar. This will increase your grip strength. Try for 25 reps
Pushups x 1 Minute Max Repetitions
If you can’t keep going, go into downward dog position so you still have your weight on your hands, try no to put your knees down. Aim for 45-50 reps
Squats x 1 Minute Max Repetitions
Squats can be difficult on the knees so make sure to research this movement if you are not already familiar with it. Try for 30-45 reps
Burpees x 45 Seconds Max Repetitions
Shoot for 12 reps
Pullups x 45 Seconds Max Repetitions
This one is hard to do the excercise all the way through so just do as many as you can, then just hang there
Pushups x 45 Seconds Max Repetitions
Goal is 35-40 reps)
Squats x 45 Seconds Max Repetitions
25-35 reps roughly
Burpees x 30 Seconds Max Repetitions
Pullups x 30 Seconds Max Repetitions
You will probably be dying by now so as many as you can. Shoot for 5-10 reps
Pushups x 30 Seconds Max Repetitions
Squats x 30 Seconds Max Repetitions
Burpees x 15 Seconds Max Repetitions
Pullups x 15 Seconds Max Repetitions
Pushups x 15 Seconds Max Repetitions
Squats x 15 Seconds Max Repetitions
Rest and relax! You did it!
- Move as quickly from one exercise to the next, don’t rest in between exercises.
- This workout is non-stop movement so the goal is to be constantly going. Keep pushing to do the exercise so each segment of time is completely filled up with repetitions of the prescribed exercise.
- Rearrange the exercises in whatever order you want. The order they are in now is the most difficult, but you can modify it to make it easier.
- The goal reps are not actually a must, they are just guidelines to give you an idea of how quickly you should be doing the reps. The really goal is do as many as you can.
- The total times are 2.5 minutes per exercise, broken into 4. Use this formula to create your own workouts, it is a great idea for putting together a customized workout.
- Have fun, and don’t kill yourself. It takes a while for this workout to become comfortable.